Hoooo Boy! do I need cupcakes

I've been craving #cupcakes for a while but now it's become imperative to my well being.
Yesterday was one of the toughest to get through for years.
Underside of Eclairs that stuck to tray - need a fix for this or cream will fall out

Definitely overdone.... crispy :) Large Muffin Cases came to the rescue and thickly whipped cream

I'm in the process of a house exchange. At least I thought I was! The other party has held up proceedings so much that the time limit has run out.
IF she's still interested I have to start all over again with the exchange, if she's not then I have to start the process again from scratch..... it took me 12 months to find her, it's not an easy swap as I want to move Cities too.
These are the facts, but the emotions typing that just evoked has my head spinning out of control.
I emailed her, give her a chance. My partner will contact her at the end of the week in person if I hear nothing.
Facebook is bombarding me with Memes around being positive and accepting what the universe has in store for you but my practical self says that it is all well and good but if I sit waiting for the universe to decide, I've just sat and waited.
Not sure that made much sense to anyone but me.
What I mean is, It's hard doing nothing and waiting.
I'm 51 and I've moved 24 times since I left the Maternity Home, moving home is not unusual to me.
I didn't have C.O.P.D., Agoraphobia and Sciatica then tho!!
So
I need cupcakes.
On the other hand I made a great dinner on Saturday with chicken cooked in jerk spices with chopped tomatoes and onion served with baked potatoes and cheese. Which, luckily, happens to also be my kind of comfort food.

 Sunday was a fabulous day too. My Stepanese invited her Dad and I to her house for Afternoon Tea with her and her husband. She'd made an amazing spread of Sandwiches; Tuna and Sweetcorn, Cheese and Pickle, Egg Mayo with Cress and Ham Salad plus Chocolate Brownies, Jam Spoon Biscuits, Scones with jam and clotted cream. I made eclairs..... but they broke...... and were patched. There were also Asda Ham and Cheese Bakes, Cheese and Onion Crisps and Salted Crisps, plus a couple of bottles of Lambrini.
Sunday Afternoon Tea with Lambrini
The food was ecellent and the setting was great too, she'd really paid some thought to it all. We had a wonderful evening catching up, and the eclairs didn't end up so very bad :)
Chocolate fondant icing, fresh cream Eclairs with fudge pieces and mini candy coated chocolates
Looking back, only a very short way, is helping me to get some more perspective. I can only move forward. Anger, frustration and tears are distractions to Action.

Comments

Popular Posts