Monday Meatloaf Muffins

Not Completely accurate but I liked the alliteration :)
I had a great baking day yesterday but, as usual, ended up rushing it as I was rapidly running out of energy. I like the #spoonie indicator, it makes sense to me, and I am beginning to use it to describe how I'm feeling. Just in case anybody reading this has no idea what I'm talking about ....
Christine Miserandino's Spoon Theory
It's a big read but worth every tear and every nod of the head (either from recognition or understanding).
I have sciatica, Chronic cor pulmonale or right heart failure due to the increase in blood pressure in the lungs (pulmonary artery) as a result of COPD (I have overnight oxygen). I also have agoraphobia, anxiety and depression. So I can really relate to the Spoon Theory!

Anyhooooo back to muffins....... probably a favourite topic at the moment lol
I had seen this recipe:
Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf Cupcakes with Mashed Potato Topping
on Yummly by Katherine (January 12 2013)

I've never made meatloaf before but none of the ingredients scared me and most of them were already in the flat. (I'm currently at my partners).
I'm pleased to report that they were a resounding success. Not an exact recipe as I didn't have mustard or brown sugar and I ran out of energy so I didn't do the cupcake frosting swirl out of potato. There's 5 left plus 2 patty's of mix which will be made into burgers tonight.
I added some jerk seasoning to the mix instead of mustard and sugar but next time I will re-tweak the seasonings as it could definitely stand more.
As a beginners meatloaf it was great because I didn't have to worry about the middle being cooked properly :)

As you can see you line the muffin tin with bacon and then stuff the meatloaf balls inside the bacon and fold it over, where necessary.
I was so hungry I forgot the "money" shot lol and had started eating before I remembered. I had it with petit pois and gravy but Him Indoors had the petit pois with Jack Daniels (TM) Bourbon sauce.
Which is a lovely segue to the cake I made, as it had sultanas soaked in bourbon and warm water :) But I need tea so brb ;)



Comments

Popular Posts