Put things in your diary that make you happy

I'm sure that Liz Earle (Beauty and Lifestyle Guru) is a very lovely woman, but really? "Put things in your diary that make you happy." This was number 4 on her Wellbeing Tips? in The Telegraph yesterday (3rd Nov 2016) and it drove me to Blog.
My diaries have many aspects, they contain doodles and poems, one liners and ideas as well as many, many tears, much heartache and despondency, confusion and insight. It also highlights great loves and passions as well as gigs, nights out, adventures and dreams. It has NeVeR been about things that make me happy. It would be a fruitless task, an empty gesture to even begin such a thing. Happy is brief and fleeting. Comfortable or content is more usual (when not depressed or anxious). Happy is a Laugh Out Loud joke or a thank you for a gift. Happy says cheese for the camera. Happy is a song.
Day to day isn't about happy. It's about getting by, working it out, getting on with it. It's a journey into the unknown.
It's actually, largely, a routine. From the happiest to the saddest days there's a formula that gets most of us through our days. Individually created routines to keep us on track. I've seen the most chaotic individual I know (by Society's standards) have patterns which repeat in their behaviour around certain events (meal times, personal hygiene, packing a suitcase/shopping bag for examples). I feel that things that make you happy would be the smallest possible offering that I could give my diary.

On a more routine, mundane matter. My sleeping was scary last night. Twice I woke up because I felt that I was suffocating. The top of my nose was blocked, but not blocked - more like it collapsed a little to block my breathing. My throat today is ragged. My voice is sexy croaky, I will be sad to lose it again once I'm recovering. Dinner at stepanese tomorrow will be cancelled as I'm potentially still contagious. She has offered a meal box :D

Smudge - 04/11/16

Comments

Popular Posts