Dior Backstage N1 Review

I was fortunate to be sent a sample of the new foundation from Dior - Backstage N1 (a Neutral which really matched my skin well). The sample had enough product for medium to full coverage (depending on what you're trying to cover).
It has a pleasant perfume and my first impression was that it was a little bit runnier than I was expecting.

I used fingers to apply it to my face, ears and neck and a blender to move the product around :) The texture was perfect for blending. It moved into the corners of my eyes and round my nose edges very easily due to its consistency.
It felt lovely on my skin all day and, even by bedtime, I can't say I noticed any flaking or creasing - not bad on my 56yr old skin 😉

I really like the matte effect (without powder). Actually on my rubbish Alcatel (not enough memory) phone I appeared  in soft focus all day. If the rest of the world saw a similar effect then it's a WIN. 😃

At £29.00 for 50mls it is probably on point for price/weight (Too Faced is 30ml for £29, Urban Decay is 30ml for £23.60).
There are probably less expensive foundations around but this product looks good and a little goes a long way
It can be layered for different coverages and it also adds some luminosity to my face which is pleasant, even when I' not feeling particularly radiant, maybe even More So when I'm feeling shadowed by life. 😊

I have a couple more products I'd like to review here, it's just enough of a departure from the chaos which has become my life. If I can "get away from it all" even just for a little while it's worth it.

Today is Solstice (I was making tea at the time - 10.07UTC)
Fish Pie for Dinner x

Comments

Popular Posts