Life's Complicated but Not in a Good Way

I'm so stressed and so annoyed. All the fears and scares of the past few days has now resolved but not without a lot of palaver and some fighting. Verbally, of course.
The house we've been renting went into receivership with no message from landlord or his agent to say what was going on. My Mom went to see the agent and was told she was being stupid worrying about it as it was obviously a scam!
I wasn't prepared to take the chance and did some research online. The company papers seemed authentic so I continued scanning and copying documents for them ,making phone calls about gas checks and to make appointments for an agent of theirs to visit.

Now
I'm good at paperwork but phone calls make me anxious
But I did it
With physical consequences - have had bad stomach and digestive system pain and problems constantly.

We had just forwarded a letter to the landlord and a letter to the agent, plus posted a letter back to the new agent. We were just waiting for them to confirm that everything was ok and then wait, with baited breath, to see if we would get a 12 month contract after the tenancy term was up.

However
the day before rent was due we got a txt off the landlord and a txt off the old agent to say it's all been sorted out and I've to pay to them not the new people.
Now
the new agents had suggested that they might do this and that, unless informed by them or the mortgage company, we should ignore them and pay to the new agents.
So
I did.

The proverbial hit the fan 2 days later. In the morning I get a call from old agent, which I ignore. Afternoon post (3pm - a late one even for our postie) brought the letter from the new agency saying that the matter has been resolved and the property has been returned to the landlord.
Then
a txt from the old agent saying because they "told us so" in a text I now owe them the rent and late fees.
I was, at this point, already beaten down by BCC and DSS so far that I feel I need a break from life and now I was being told I had a debt of £700+ that I know I don't owe.
I paid the rent on time to the person I was supposed to pay it to.
I sent an email stating so, with all the emails from the new agent stating it wasn't my fault.
The new agent then called me to let me know they were returning the money completely. I informed the agent that they would have the money as soon as I had it returned to me and that, after all, none of this was our fault.

Anyhow it was National Selfie Day yesterday and I did, so here's me with an unintentional sneer. Somewhere in my life my smile has become crooked, yet I've seen myself so rarely on camera that I don't know when! -

Comments

Popular Posts