Degusta Unboxing

This is my first Degusta Box and the theme was "World Cup"
Their Tag Line is "Discover New Flavours Every Month"
This blog is purely my own opinion, none of the producers, nor Degusta are sponsoring me, I just wanted to do a review.
I had this box at the reduced cost of £7.99 (usually £12.99)


According to their price list the box contents came to £17.45 at R.R.P.
When I originally subscribed to the box I had intended to stick with them for 6 months or a year, depending on how I felt it was going. Unfortunately the household financial situation has changed and I shall no longer be able to continue with the subscription. However ......


I'm not convinced that I would have stayed with them anyway. All of the items are available in UK supermarkets, most I've already seen in MySupermarket and decided not to add to my shopping basket as there were items which the household preferred at cheaper prices. The box is definitely worth the money but I will be passing the contents around among the family.
I also expected more savoury snacks for the World Cup Box - salsa and tortilla chips for example. 



I shall give the Mini Coconut and Black Pepper soft tortillas with the Caribbean Curry seasoning to Kally, the Cherry Almond Protein balls (which weren't labelled on form - so I guess a freebie for the newbie) will go to my Mom (a gluten free, dairy free, high protein treat is perfect for her). My housemate will eat the KitKat White Bites (I'm not over fond of white choc) and the 2 packs of Brioche (way too sweet for me) along with the Lucozade. The Pasta sauce will be used for that very thing. I will attempt to drink the Say Aloe as hydration is a Big Plus for me :)
The cider will be an after dinner treat, they are cooling in the fridge. My housemate shall have the strawberry one and I will stick with apple.



I really like these Senses, unfortunately they are simply not worth buying at £3.99 for 20. It makes each mini mouthful cost nearly 20p! There are more double choc in the pack than the more exciting hazelnut/salted caramel ones. Such a shame when they cost so much.
The Good Cider of San Sebastian may be bought again at £1 a bottle - but the only place I can see it being sold is Approved Foods (usually implying an end of line or highly discounted product due to lack of interest). My Housemate has bought The Pitch Brioche Pasquier before (in fact a packet of the choc chip ones were found heavily discounted at local Co-Op this weekend) and I've been informed that this is often the case for these items.
I wouldn't buy any of these items usually as I don't like the majority of them. I will, however, look forward to Pasta Night :)

Hope everyone is enjoying World Goth Day 2018, I have made a tiny slideshow video. World Goth Day 2018



Comments

Popular Posts