New Meds, new decisions and an anniversary

Time Does NOT Heal
Everything

Time Does Not Heal Everything.
It may knit some bones together or grow new skin but time can't forget things. It is us who strive to forget things over time but Trigger is definitely the correct term for the emotion that hits you "bang" out of the blue.
I am constantly being triggered in my current home setup. The person I share a house with, and most of my life, triggers me all the time. Topics of conversation, sometimes songs and sometimes the programmes put on the tv .... but mostly what is spoken of.... has been getting me very down over the past 18 months or more. So I asked my Doctor if she could suggest anything. She has been marvelous. She printed and sent out some mental health exercises and information to read. Then, after some discussion she decided that Mitrazine would be suited to my requirements.
Very happy with that. I was warned to be aware for negative mood swings and irritability as one of the most common side effects in the first 2 weeks. I have been fine. Less agitated in fact - which may be merely a placebo effect of "at last, someone has listened to me and followed through with an event"
Due for another C.O.P.D. test now too - plus they'll be calling me in for a flu jab, and I need a blood draw too. All cause me huge amounts of anxiety as I never know what's going to greet me in the surgery. The staff there seem amazing though. I really need to see a dentist too but I'm having trouble finding a N.H.S. Dentist locally who's any good And has space for me.
I have some more "outdoors" coping  mechanisms in place too. If I make sure my phone is charged I can listen to Radio4 and I bought myself a few squishies ( varying textures and sizes) to fiddle with.
I have a very soft Unicorn and pumpkin, plus a multi textured burger (both soft squishy and rubbery plastic) and a small smiling cloud which has a "skin" that wrinkles and they're all oddly satisfying when I'm heavily anxious, which is any time I'm out of the house or the van really, and sometimes when I'm in the van if I have to be left somewhere while the driver does my shopping (for example).

Comments

Popular Posts