Summer Strawberries

It's hard to beat British Strawberries in June and #Tesco appear to have sourced well with these ones grown in Hereford. Sweet, a lovely colour and still at the peak of health after 2 days in the fridge. I bought 400g as part of the #TriedForLess Tesco Orchard Programme, and I'll definitely get more while they're coming from just down the road.

Just look at the gorgeous colours and they are large enough for one to be plenty on the scones I made.
The scone mix was halved and the recipe is here: Classic Scones. I added chopped apricots and I thought they tasted very light. These are the first scones I've made since School over 30 years ago so I was very happy they weren't hockey pucks lol
I ended up serving them in dishes with a dusting of icing sugar. The fruit didn't need it as I had done as suggested by Tesco - bring the berries to room temperature before eating. They definitely had that sun kissed taste and was a great way to finish a very summery meal involving mini pork pies and sausage rolls.
One last picture for me to gaze at when the sun has gone and I'm huddled in my Winter woollies - I love the natural shine to the fruit - no jam glaze made this colour, it's pure fruit. Thanks @Tesco

Comments

Popular Posts