A Naked Tart

I knew I'd catch your attention ;) But more on that a bit later.
I've been using these luscious Hereford grown Strawberries from #Tesco as part of the Orchard Community Programme and had some Picota Cherries at the same time.
I had given my Mom one of the 50p off coupons, which the programme extends to users friends, and after hearing about the cherries she decided to try a punnet too.
My Mom has a lot of food intolerances so finding really tasty fruit within her dietary restrictions is really useful. She loved them as much has I did by nearly finishing the carton whilst watching her Detective shows on TV.
My partner had a very similar experience too. I had to save him the second carton as I must have eaten 2/3rds of the 1st one! I woke up to find that he'd eaten 2/3rds of the 2nd carton whilst I was sleeping lol
So that's three people very happy about the #Tesco #TriedForLess or #TriedForFree programme.
It has also got me back into cooking (and blogging) again as I now have a stronger focus.
Which leads me, nicely, back to my Naked Tart ;)
I received the inspiration for this from here: Strawberry Tarts
As usual though I ended up making it my own. I handmade the pastry from scratch and used 2tbsp of Tesco Value Strawberry Jam with a little hot water to make a glaze for under the strawberries. I spooned a little over the top too but the strawberries really don't need the extra sweetness as they are really sweet - these are also 4 days out of the shop now, and they still look really good.
I am now going to finish the tart off and will post a picture and some thoughts on it later. Enjoy your day.

Comments

Popular Posts