1st post as a member of the Orchard at Tesco community

This is all very new to me.
I had a #TriedForLess voucher for £3 off £3+ fresh berries. It was a hard choice at this time of year as the fruit is looking particularly good this year.
I chose 2x250g of Picota Cherries because the price was excellent at £1 for 250g and 400g of Strawberries because there is a very small window of excellence with Strawberries and it's usually around the Wimbledon fortnight :)
It was hard to decide what to make with them too. The cherries solved any decision making by being scrumptious enough to eat, washed, straight out of the carton :D
Scones seemed the 1st choice. I have some chopped dried apricots soaking and some plump raisins to add to the dough too. I'll be using a recipe from the BBC Good Food Magazine from Aug 2007.
I also fancied making some Strawberry Tarts too, I have a big pot of extra thick cream to use up in this recipe, which is another from BBC Good Food and would be excellent for teenagers to try out as it's really straight forward but looks very special.
I'll post pictures later along with links to the recipes and how they worked (or didn't!) for me :D
Laters Peeps xXx

Comments

Popular Posts