Horrors of Home Swap

It's been an odd few days, didn't realise I'd left my blog alone for so long.
I was all set to arrange a Removals Firm when I found out that the length of time for the Home Exchange had expired and still no swap. This means that the process needs to be started again.
Ultimate Dilemma is whether to try again with the same person or move on and truly start from scratch again.
The serious lack of communication led me to believe that she wasn't seriously interested.
Me being me, I have to give her a 2nd chance. I don't give up easily. In some cases it's not knowing when to give up that's caused problems...... I have to be hopeful that this time isn't one of them.
I have another deadline.
10th October.
If I haven't moved by then I am back at square one looking for someone to swap homes with me.
City swaps are difficult. i.e. I'm trying to move from my adopted City to my birth City so that I can be closer to my Mom. I rarely go out and she has become less mobile so it's the wisest thing to do when I have to move anyway due to the new Bedroom Tax.
It's been full of obstacles, miscommunication and confusion.
Compounded by the fact that I thought I was living in my forever home.

Here and Now I can do no more than I have done, dwelling on it helps no-one, most especially the people around me who have to deal with the swing between complete despair and complete numbness.

Cooking hasn't held it's usual charm for the past few days, thankfully the local Co-Op shop had some wonderful Burritos on offer so I could throw together a meal last night.
It'll be shop bought pizza tonight too but I'm also making a blackberry and apple pudding pie.
Him Indoors was in his back garden hanging out washing and he managed to forage 25 blackberries that had grown through the fence panels from the neighbours (also largely unused) garden.
I took a couple of photographs of the fruit but can't decide whether I prefer the lighter or darker picture, so I will post both here and judge on the page :)

Bramley Apple, Dessert Apples, 25 garden grown "wild" Blackberries sweetened with Maple Syrup and drizzled with Toffee Fudge Sauce - Pastry to be added later.

Bramley and Dessert Apples sweetened with Maple Syrup, 25 "wild" Blackberries and Toffee Fudge Sauce. I am going to attempt a pastry weave :)

Comments

Popular Posts