Peanut Butter Muffins with Strawberry Jam and Caramel Butercream

A little late catching you up on these as I wanted to check the "day old" taste

Peanut Butter Muffins with Strawberry jam filling and Caramel Buttercream whirl
You can find the recipe that I used for the muffins here:
 http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/8133/super-duper-peanut-butter-muffins.aspx?o_is=SR

This time I sieved out the peanut chips after melting the butters together. It seems to have made it a less savoury muffin and my partner is less fearful that what he's eating might be a piece of tooth!! (it's happened!)
He was also spot on about the addition of the jam - takes it to a whole new level 

Only 2 things to learn from this bake. 1. The mixture would have made 6 more muffins - these were too domed. 2. My regular hole cutter won't work on this recipe - the one I tried it on split in 3, not surprising really as the finish is a little like a scone top, but I just *had* to try lol
The recipe I used for the buttercream can be found here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/gingerbread_cupcakes_24180

Although, instead of making the caramel I used 200g of Nestle tinned Caramel - diiiiiiiivine :D
I unwrapped the muffins to add the jam so I wanted to show you a comparison between this recipe and the #Morrisons Lemon Meringue Cupcakes (boxed) that I showed you before. Nothing very much left on the paper with these ones :)
I am looking forward to my #Tesco #TriedItFree or #TriedForLess participation voucher next week. It will certainly aid my focus.
Hope you are all having a very pleasant Friday afternoon wherever you are :)

Comments

Popular Posts